Who we are
- Global Rockstar was founded in 2014 to support independent players of the music business. We connect Artists with the best Producers and Writers. We help to get their productions financed and we distribute and promote them worldwide. We always aim for increasing the efficiency and transparency of all processes of the music business, in order to grant creators higher revenues and a higher chance to succeed.
- With our new service, we present a worldwide innovation, allowing Fans to invest in a new Single of their favorite Artist. In return, these Fans receive royalties from the commercial exploitation of the Single.
- We run the website globalrockstar.com, as well as a music label and a music publishing house, where internationally successful Artists like ZOË (Austrian entry to the Eurovision Song Contest 2016) are signed.
How it works
- We create Projects for promising Artists, Bands, Producers and Writers on this website, and call for support for the production of their new Single.
- Then, Fans are able to finance a music production of their favorite Artist. When the funding goal is reached, the music production is realized on the highest quality level. Fans who invested, get shares of the revenues that these productions generate.
- Global Rockstar is the record label and publishing house for the successfully funded projects, distributes them worldwide in all relevant Streaming services and Download stores, supports the release with marketing activities and handles the contracts and royalty payments with all beneficial owners.
About the founder
- Global Rockstar was founded by Christof Straub, who started his carreer as Artist, Songwriter and music Producer in 1992 with his multi-platinum awarded Band Papermoon.
- In the past 25 years, Christof Straub has continued working as Songwriter, Producer and label manager for many successful Artists and Projects, always aiming to support up-and-coming talents.
- Since 2008, Christof Straub has successfully launched several online platforms to support Artists. He has been a pioneer in online music contests with Teenage Rockstar and its successor Global Rockstar / the worlds largest online music contest.